Monday, January 12, 2009

The Fun Stuff

The groom and I registered this past weekend!

We registered at Belk's and Target for all the little things that will make our life together a little easier.

We put everything on the list we could think of - from Queen linens, comforters, and pillows (for the Queen bed we don't have yet) to some lovely Kate Spade by Lenox china.


From a lowly toilet plunger and laundry hamper to a 40" Sony LCD TV. (Yeah, he scanned that when I wasn't looking, but I wouldn't complain if it magically appeared at our doorstep...)It was hard not to go ahead and buy a bunch of it myself. A lot of it is one sale right now, especially at Belk's, since the economy is in the tank.

It's interesting how far this kind of thing has come! If you go to the Belk's store to buy something, and they don't have it there, they give you a card that you could include in a greeting card that says that the item was out of stock. Then Belk's will order it for you and send it straight to my house. Same thing goes for if you order it online - it will be shipped directly to me. Nifty!

Target is still stuck a little in its old ways. You absolutely have to have a gift receipt to return or exchange items or receive a store credit. They will not take items without a receipt. Period. So, please pass the word around to include a gift receipt.

I'm also leaving it to you ladies to make the guys understand how the registry thing works:
Print the registry.
Find the gift.
Get the cashier to scan both the gift AND the registry.
Include a gift receipt.

Both Target and Belk's have a nice feature for their registries where anything that doesn't get bought for the wedding can be purchased by the couple afterward for 10% off. So if no one buys us that TV, hopefully we could get a nice deal on it in the end.

Happy shopping! :)

8 comments:

Maki said...

You need to send me the email with your last name, Girlie, so I can go to your registry and send!!!

Or can I look up your registry with your email????

Rachel said...

This is sooo much fun; it's shopping but you don't have to pay for it!

colbymarshall said...

And the good news is, you'll probably get enough Target gift cards that you CAN buy the TV without paying a cent of your own money. I'm not kidding!

Anonymous said...

Hey MJ!

Wow! I have been away too long! Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding! How exciting! I am going to add this link to my list!

Cas
(formerly known as Girly :) )

Stephanie Faris said...

Ugh. I remember the days before my wedding. Stressful!!! If I ever get married again, I think I'm going to elope. But I think everyone needs to have a big, beautiful wedding once in her life. You will be a BEAUTIFUL bride!

Slyde said...

Good luck with the resitry. I found that we got mostly the stuff we DIDNT really want :(

Sara said...

How fun. We registered at Macy's, Crate and Barrel and Pottery Barn. The scanning gun is so much fun! Enjoy!

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Love the Kate Spade China...gorgeous and classic.

Good Luck!