Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's Not a Southern Wedding Without Sweet Tea...

So we met with the caterer this past Friday, and we made an initial menu. I won't tell you what it is because it's supposed to be a surprise, but just know that it's lots of yummy finger foods! She will also be doing both the wedding cake and the groom's cake. I will be meeting with her again some time in January so she can come by and see The Library Ballroom, where we will be having our reception. I have to say a big "thank you" to my wonderful mother, who unflinchingly paid the 1/3 deposit on the catering - not a small amount, I must say.

Next on the list is calling my dress shop to make sure my gown has been ordered, to book the musician, and to setup follow-up appointments with all my vendors after the New Year. The groom and I also need to start seriously thinking about getting invitations and registering for gifts sometime soon.

My MOH and I already have some great ideas for sweet goodies to adorn the tables, and I have been picking up little decorative things here and there for a more personal touch at our reception.

1 comment:

Rick said...

Hey! I'm conducting my annual giveaway over at my blog. Please come over to sign up for a chance to win.