Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Random Goings-On

Pretty much everything is set for the big day.

The dress has been bought, the vendors scheduled, and the invitations ordered. I've even bought the bridesmaids their gifts already!

Now all that's left is the decision of all the tiny details - flowers, lights, monograms, seating, programs, and music choices. Plus, the groomsmen will need to get their rears in gear soon to order their tuxedos, and the bridesmaids will need to start seriously looking for their dresses.

I feel like I can sit back and relax and enjoy being engaged now. My maid of honor and I are even attending a cocktail party that my photographer is throwing for her 2009 brides this week.

The groom and I had an appointment yesterday with a mortgage lender to be pre-approved for a loan. We wanted to see what we might be able to afford since it is a good time to buy a home right now, especially with the new tax credits for first-time home buyers. We were pleasantly surprised with the number she presented to us, as it was well over what we had been hoping, but we have agreed to be conservative in our home-searching regardless.

We are also still struggling with nailing down our honeymoon. We have a few ideas for places to go, but we are lost on how in the world we will pay for it since we are dealing with the prospect of buying a home and all the other things we will need for our life together.

We're both trying our best to save, but also finding it really hard to do in this economy, with my hours being cut at work, and with the looming school debt I'm about to take on. I'm just glad I'll be getting a tax refund this year.

1 comment:

colbymarshall said...

Amen on the tax refund. Also, let's make a date to go dress-hunting. I want bride approval on my dress :-)