Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Photo Op

Last Thursday, my bridal photographer Jenny Evelyn threw a Bridal Bash complete with cocktails (including a Bride-tini), cake squares, and conversation.

You can see many of the lovely photos, including ones of me and my MOH, here.

We had such a blast chatting with the other brides - even getting into a long conversation about the virtues of waxing and, *ahem*, bleaching. Don't ask.

I passed out a price list for a local wax place that I have come to love and also passed out business cards for Tulaloo, where I am ordering my invites from.

Jenny furnished each of us with a lovely gift bag that included a few little picture frames (which gave me another great idea for the wedding), candy, and a great list of tips on taking photos (including our individual sunset times for the big day). She even let us take home the cute tiaras that were used in the pictures.

I think from a marketing standpoint (since that is what I do), I found this to be creative way to promote the business. A happy bride is an apostle for your brand. Make one bride very happy, and you will inevitably have more. Connecting with a bride is an easy way to make her feel comfortable and confident in your work, lowering her stress level for the chaos ahead.

I definitely challenge all the brides out there to not only choose vendors that have a great product, but choose vendors who have great service as well. You will be much happier in the end.

1 comment:

Debbie said...

Sounds like you had a great time. And I would think in this economy, the key to any business is to make the customer happy:)