A local television station and a new bridal magazine has teamed up to make an awesome resource for middle Georgia brides: Wedding Belles Magazine. They have teamed up with 13WMAZ and will be launching a new website in January '09 and sending out their first issue in April '09.
Those photos look familiar you say? Well, they are from the photographer that I talked about back here. And guess what? I met her yesterday! Actually I did a lot yesterday, so let me start at the beginning...
At 10:00 I met with the wedding planner to discuss my reception hall contract and make sure it was everything we wanted. This reception is turning difficult since no one had dealt with them before, and so no one quite knows what to expect. We also talked about my meeting with the photographer as well as my meeting with the woman who will be facilitating all my rentals and making all my floral arrangements. We went over who was in the wedding party, and we talked about how many people we will be inviting since I have lowered the number some since our last meeting.
Then I met my MOH for some lunch and we hit the road again at 1:00 to go meet with Jenny Evelyn, my definite choice for my wedding photography. I will get with her again at the beginning of the year to give her my deposit. I think I was hooked when I called her and she was just so happy and cheery and excited about her work. She will fit right in with my hyper wedding planner, and my super-happy rental lady.
Speaking of super-happy rental lady - mom, Morgan, and I all met with Carmen, who works for a company in Thomaston Georgia. They have their own greenhouse, where they grow all of their rental products, including trees, wheat grass, flowers, and potted plants. She also facilitates the rental of linens, as well as furniture and other fun things. She is so great, and always has the best attitude. She even gave us hugs instead of a handshake, a true Southern tradition (although I generally like the handshake, being the business freak that I am). Apparently, she's been in Southern Living a couple of times, but you would never know it because of how down-to-earth she is. You can tell she just really loves her job.
The last person I have to meet is my caterer. I will be employing all females apparently - lol. Overall, I've had a very productive week. I even finally got out my engagement invitations! I don't want to think about wedding anything all weekend.
Friday, December 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Good luck with the wedding planning! It seriously goes by way too fast and you're left wondering where the night went. Enjoy, enjoy enjoy. Especially the food!
Heehee--glad you're on top of it. It'll be here before you know it!
Post a Comment