Friday, November 21, 2008

Ouch

I say "ouch" for two reasons:

(1) Because I am SO sore from the gym yesterday. I had forgotten to mention earlier that I signed up for a one year gym membership with a place nearby to get in shape for this whole wedding thing.

and
(2) Because my wallet is hurting! We went to view the library ballroom yesterday, and I LOVED it. But then we realized they have raised their prices for renting the space. *sigh* Oh well.

On the way back from that, mom and I stopped into a little bridal store that had a $99 sale sign in the window, and I tried on some of my first wedding dresses! It was strange because I didn't have any of those oh I'm gonna cry, I can't believe I'm trying on wedding dresses feelings that I think I expected to have, but mom and I did have a lot of fun (reminiscent of highschool proms), and I found a lot of dress styles that I DON'T like and a few that I really do. So it will be nice to already have that narrowed down for me. And I guess I could also be sore, because some of those dresses are SO HEAVY! I tried one on that was easily ten to fifteen pounds because of all the beading and a long train.

Of course yesterday's little excursion reminded me that I need to carry white or tan underthings and tall shoes in my car at all times. I had to borrow a corset bra from the store to try on yesterday. So this weekend, my mission is to find some Spanx to keep on hand, and I'll put my Stuart Weitzman's in the trunk as well.

This weekend my MOH and I are viewing a wedding that my prospective caterer is working. That way we can see her in action. Although if she's recommended by my planner, I'm sure she's great.

3 comments:

colbymarshall said...

What caterer? I'm curious :-)

MJ said...

Bobbi-jo. Who did you use?

colbymarshall said...

Cathy with Tea Party Time. Let me know how your crashing goes :-)