Friday, October 10, 2008

The Church

I booked the church on Monday of this week. Me and my MIL to be went to the church office, and I wrote a check for the security deposit.

The church fees are a lot more than I had anticipated, but I suppose it will all get paid for one way or another. The great thing about it is that it has cameras and audio built into the church, so that I don't have to hire a videographer. The church recording fees are actually not bad at all when you consider just how much a professional would cost. Plus, a pro would be more noticeable and more in the way.

The only downside to this church is that it has two aisles - no center aisle. I've been a member there for quite some time (as has my hubby-to-be), and that kind of thing won't keep me from getting married there.

It has gorgeous stained glass windows, and the entire inside of the church is built of lovely natural wood, including balconies. There's a huge organ in the church (which I probably won't use) and a grand piano (which will be used). The picture in this post really doesn't do the church justice. I will try to get some better pictures up soon.

6 comments:

Maki said...

Yay! MJ - I can't wait to follow you through your wedding planning :D

Aww I wish I could start over my wedding. I was so nervous and there were so many things to do, but not enough time.

Good luck!

colbymarshall said...

For some reaso I thought it had a center aisle...did it used to or am I just crazy?

MJ said...

No, I don't think it ever has. I could be wrong though. This is going to be an interesting feat to say the least.

Alison Purple said...

Awesome! I love the outside. It is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful church! I'm sure it's just as lovely on the inside. :)

Anonymous said...

The church looks beautiful from the outside. I hope you have an awesome time planning your wedding!